Please refer to PSD Circular No. 01 of 2009, regarding “Operational Guidelines for Credit Card Business in Pakistan” and PSD Circular Letter No. 02 of 2018, regarding Credit Card Bill Payment Service.
2. It has now been decided that all Banks/MFBs shall enable fully interoperable digital payment options for their customers, for repayments on consumer financing facilities (as defined in Prudential Regulations for Consumer Financing). In this regard, following minimum requirements shall be met:
- The repayment option shall be available on customers’ ADCs including internet and mobile banking on bill presentment/payment model.
- At the time of payment, the system shall fetch the amount of outstanding loan as well as installment due, for the particular loan. In this regard, banks/MFBs shall ensure that updated and authentic information is displayed to avoid confusion and disputes.
- Banks/MFBs shall have the discretion to allow full or partial payment of the amount due as per their own policies and procedures.
3. All such online payments/repayments including credit card bill payments shall be considered as paid/final on the date of execution of transaction as per the acknowledgement received by the customer from their banks.
4. Banks/MFBs are advised to fully comply with the instructions contained herein by June 30, 2021. Failure to do so shall attract penal action under relevant laws and regulations.
Please acknowledge receipt.