Please refer to PSD Circular No. 01 of 2009, regarding “Operational Guidelines for Credit Card Business in Pakistan”.
2. It has been observed that most of the Credit Card issuing banks are not accepting credit card bills through Alternate Delivery Channels (ADCs) including internet banking, mobile banking, ATMs and Branchless Banking / Retail agents; especially from the customers of Banks/MFBs other than the issuing bank.
3. In this context, Banks/MFBs are advised to ensure that all credit card customers are provided with an option to pay their credit card bills utilizing Bill Payment Services (BPS), enabling credit card users to pay their credit card bills through ADCs (Internet banking, Mobile banking, ATMs etc.), branchless banking agents and on the branch counters of any Bank/MFBs.
4. Banks/MFBs are advised to align their systems with the necessary changes by March 31, 2019. All Credit Card issuing banks should submit their project plans to PSD latest by November 30, 2018.
5. Banks/MFBs are advised to ensure meticulous compliance of the above instructions within the stipulated time, failing which will attract penal action under relevant laws.
6. For any clarification, please contact Mr. Ali Saqib, Assistant Director, Payment Systems Department email: [email protected] Phone: 021-3245-3447 and Mr. Imran Malik, Joint Director, Payment Systems Department [email protected].
Please acknowledge receipt.