The Presidents/Chief Executives of all
Authorized Dealers in Foreign Exchange
Import from Afghanistan against Registration of Contract through Electronic Import Form
Attention of Authorized Dealers (AD) is invited to Para 16, Chapter 13 of the Foreign Exchange Manual-2016 and FE Circular No. 5 dated August 9, 2016 which set out rules and regulations regarding imports against registration of contract through Electronic Import Form.
2. Due to peculiar nature of trade with Afghanistan through land routes, especially through Torkham and Chaman borders, it has been decided to allow the banks to register contracts of the Pakistani importers and make payments thereagainst as per the following procedure:
- The AD shall register import contract as per the applicable regulations/procedure as defined in above mentioned para.
- The contract may be registered for single shipment or any number of multiple shipments as per the contract.
- Maximum tenure of the contract shall be one year.
- The AD shall approve the Electronic Import Form of the total amount of the contract against which multiple Goods Declarations (GDs) can be attached as per the applicable procedure.
- The requirement for routing of shipping documents through banks shall not be mandatory.
- The Pakistani importer may directly receive shipping documents from an Afghani exporter and get the goods cleared after attachment of GD(s) with Electronic Import Form.
- The AD, upon receipt of copies of shipping documents for each shipment from the importer, shall make payment after verifying amount of intended remittance from GD(s) attached with the respective Electronic Import Form.
3. All other terms and conditions shall remain unchanged.
4. Please bring the above to the notice of your all constituents.