Please refer to BSD Circular No. 08 of June 27, 2006 on Basel II implementation in Pakistan, and BSD Circular No.17 of August 12, 2008 on Guidelines on Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP).
1. The first ICAAP documents submitted by the banks had varied length and format which necessitated the development of an ICAAP reporting template to seek some standardized set of information from the banks for bringing consistency under various components of ICAAP document.
2. Banks and DFIs are required to adopt the attached ICAAP reporting format as it covers most of the matters which typically would be the subject of SR&EP; thus making the review process more efficient for the banks/ DFIs and SBP.
3. Banks and DFIs are required to review their ICAAPs annually, or more frequently in the event of a material change in their respective risk profiles.
4. All the banks and DFIs are advised to submit their first ICAAP document based on the financials as of December 31, 2012 on the prescribed template till May 31, 2013.
5. All other instructions on the subject remain unchanged.
6. Please acknowledge receipt.
Encl. ICAAP Reporting Template