The Presidents/Chief Executive Officers,
MARGIN RESTRICTION ON IMPORT OF ITEMS
- Please refer to BPRD Circular No. 02 of 2017 and BPRD Circular No. 5 of 2018 on the captioned subject, as amended from time to time.
- In this regard, it has been decided that banks, with immediate effect, shall obtain 100 percent cash margin on the import of items as listed in the enclosed Annexure-A. The cash margins on these specific items will remain in place till December 31, 2022.
- The cash margins deposited by importers on all items shall be non-remunerative.
- To ensure effective monitoring, banks are required to submit details of cash margins, applicable on all items, collected from importers on monthly basis, as per format at Annexure-B. Data for ongoing month should be reported to Statistics & Data Ware House Department latest by the 10th of the following month (E-Mail: [email protected]). Further, monthly data for the period September 2020 to March 2022 is required to be submitted on the same format latest by June 30, 2022.
- All other instructions contained in the aforementioned circulars shall, however, remain unchanged.
- Please acknowledge receipt.