The Presidents/Chief Executives of all
Authorized Dealers in Foreign Exchange
Monthly Statements of Onshore/Offshore Foreign Currency Accounts and Reporting of Capital Account Transactions
Attention of the Authorized Dealers is invited to the instructions contained in Chapters 6, 19 and 20 of Foreign Exchange Manual - 2016 in terms of which they are required to submit the relevant appendices on prescribed format to Exchange Policy Department, State Bank of Pakistan (SBP).
2. Pursuant to adoption of International Standards in accordance with the guidelines contained in the 6th Edition of Balance of Payments and International Investment Position Manual (BPM6) of the IMF and to enhance scope and coverage of data, from now onwards, the information in the aforementioned appendices shall be reported to Statistics & Data Warehouse Department, SBP, Karachi as per the attached formats (A to E). However, for registration of repayment schedule/securities (foreign direct investment) on repatriable basis with Exchange Policy Department, the Authorized Dealers will continue to follow the existing procedure as outlined in the Foreign Exchange Manual. Further, Authorized Dealers shall update the Foreign Private Loans data related to disbursement and repayment of loans in the existing reporting to the Statistics & Data Warehouse Department, Karachi.
3. You are also required to indicate clearly whether the project falls under the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) or not.
4. You are, therefore, advised to submit the captioned statements from the month of July, 2015 onwards to the Statistics & Data Warehouse Department on the prescribed formats at firstname.lastname@example.org within thirty (30) days of issuance of this circular letter and monthly reporting on regular basis by 5th of the following month. However, the data related to all outstanding Foreign Private Loans is required to be updated within sixty (60) days of issuance of this circular letter.
5. In case of any query on the subject from foreign exchange perspective, you may contact Mr. Asadullah Gondal, Assistant Director, Exchange Policy Department, SBP, Karachi at email email@example.com while for data reporting related queries, you may contact Mian Muhammad Irfan, Joint Director, Statistics & Data Warehouse Department, SBP, Karachi at email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. All other instructions on the subject shall remain unchanged.
7. Authorized Dealers are advised to bring the same to the notice of all their constituents and ensure meticulous compliance.
Encl: As above